I have been bored during the summer. Well not all summer but I have definitely found it boring during some parts. Unable to obtain a job means I have a heck-uva-lotta free time and I have been trying to decide what to do with it all.
Aside from the odd-job that my parents give me there is really nothing that I HAVE to do. I have taken up reading (now that it isn't something that I'm forced to do) and have been whizzing through the Ender's Game series and the Shadow Series (sort of the same but one focuses on Ender the other Bean). I think I've read 4 of the books and am on the fifth, and I seem to be missing the 3rd one in the Ender's series, so I hope I find it before I finish the Shadow series.
Aside from playing games by myself I have been trying to hang out with people, but it usually ends horribly and I have to go through the day alone. I have become quite good at the game Team Fortress 2, it is an FPS (first-person shooter) that is only online with other players. It features 9 different classes to play from and my favorite is the spy. Basically I can disguise myself to look like someone on the other team, then I can cloak so that I can get into their base or their side of the map. I then try to blend in and try to sabotage their engineers sentry guns and other machines, get the intelligence or capture the control point (if the map calls for it and if I feel I can make it) or I can go behind people and literally stab them in the back with my butterfly knife for a one hit K.O., which is my favorite part. I then try to re-disguise myself and become inconspicuous as I wait for my next kill.
I have been wondering if I should try doing something productive, or try learning things. I suppose I should brush up on my Japanese, I can't remember some of the Hiragana and my Katakana has always been horrible, so that is something I can do. Well will see if I can survive these summer months.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How about cooking? A man who know how to cook well is a valuable commodity.
Post a Comment