Sunday, June 15, 2008

I can't recall...

I was going to write something. I can't remember what it was but I'm sure it would have been awesome and amazing, leaving people either slacken-jawed or flabbergasted, possibly even bamboozled (oddly I wrote that correctly the first time...that's scary considering how tired I am).

Well I'll talk about other things then I s'pose.

So I've been thinking about doing an experiment, a sleep deprivation experiment to be precise. Now I've seen/heard quite of few of these and have even seen them recorded. They look like they're quite fun despite the fact that you have to force your body to go against it's nature and deprive it of sweet sweet rest. But I've always wanted to try one and shoot for a goal of 72 hours. I've was thinking about doing it in my house and writing notes every so often about what I'm thinking or doing, but I'm thinking about holding off until I get into my college dorm, do it in the days that I am in the dorm but when classes haven't started yet. Thuntsman has said that he might join me if I do it then (if he doesn't maybe he will at least let me borrow his camera).

Know some of you might be wondering why in the world I would so such a strange/stupid thing. The simple and short answer would be: It's fun. And the long and complicated answer would be: It's interesting, and fun.

You know as I'm thinking about this on a Sunday morning (though technically I'm still treating it as a Saturday Night) and can't help but think how strange it would be if instead of Fast Sunday, we had Sleepless Sunday, where instead of going without food for 24 hours you go for 24 hours without sleep. It's sort of the same effect in the Spiritual sense I suppose, weaken the body. Though in my version instead of people having a growling stomach you have groggy and blurry eyed people driving through major streets and attempting to form recognizable speech patterns. Hehehe I think I like my version better, but I suppose we'll just stick to the fasting.

1 comment:

Trina said...

I've never been very good at depriving myself of sleep. Once I did a "Relay for Life" to earn money for cancer and we walked all night around a track. That helped because if you were walking it was hard to sleep, but come seven o'clock and it was over I was out! I don't think I could make it 72 hours.